New York Personal Injury Lawyer Serving Brooklyn, The Bronx, and the Greater NYC Area
Get the Best Outcome for Your Case
If you have suffered an injury in any type of accident, or have been harmed by medical malpractice or police officer abuse, Keith DeVries is an accomplished injury and accident lawyer in New York who can offer you the representation that you need. Well respected in his field, Keith DeVries brings years of experience and legal knowledge to you, with a commitment to handling your case with diligence. Not only will Keith aggressively help you to pursue the compensation to which you may be entitled, he will treat you with compassion and care, and listen to what you have to relate about your situation.
New York Personal Injury Damages- What You Need to Know
Obtaining damages in a personal injury lawsuit can involve complex litigation, and the personal injury laws vary by state. Personal injury lawsuits are designed to compensate the injured party (known as the plaintiff) for losses. Compensatory damages involve a monetary award for past and future medical bills, lost wages, loss of companionship, disfigurement, and pain and suffering. Punitive damages may be awarded if the negligence was blatant or outrageous. Punitive damages are usually awarded to serve as a deterrent for individuals presenting similar negligence in the future.
Injuries That Merit a Personal Injury Lawyer Brooklyn NY
All too often, the damages involved in a personal injury lawsuit can be catastrophic. Fortunately, Keith DeVries has secured successful outcomes for clients suffering from many different injuries, including:
- Birth Injuries - If correct medical procedures are not carried out by doctors or medical personnel during delivery, the baby could be left with a devastating birth injury. Birth injury claims include cerebral palsy, nerve injury from forceps, spinal cord injury due to overstretching, and drugs taken during pregnancy.
- Catastrophic Injuries - Catastrophic injuries are severe physical injuries that require extensive medical treatment and are often long lasting or permanent in nature. These injuries may result from any kind of accident and may affect all body systems.
- Back and neck injuries - Back and neck injuries can involve fractures, sprains, or paralysis, temporary or lifelong pain, and impairment of mobility.
- Brain Injury - Also known as traumatic brain injury, TBI is a sudden physical damage to the brain. Some common causes of brain injury include auto accidents, bus accidents, sports injuries, domestic violence, and falls.
- Soft Tissue Injuries - Soft tissue injuries may be caused from a single event or over a period of time (repetitive activity). Generally, soft tissue injuries are bruises, sprains or strains to the muscles, ligaments or tendons such as carpal tunnel.
- Wrongful death - A death that results from the negligence or recklessness of another person, entity, product, or circumstance. Wrongful death cases seek to compensate families monetarily when a loved one has died accidentally and unnecessarily, as well as serve as a deterrent to help ensure that such an incident does not occur again.
Serving New York, Brooklyn, Bronx and other New York Counties.
Get respect, know your rights, and find out whether the Law Offices of Keith DeVries can assist you in claiming the monetary compensation that's rightfully yours.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpratice
- Auto Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Premise Liability/Slip and Fall
- Construction Accidents
- Police Abuse
- Wrongful Death